- single session cookie: enables this Site to keep track of your movement from page to page in order to ensure that you will not be asked for the same information you have previously given during your visit to this Site. We may use the cookie to enable you to return to a previous page, or analyse user behaviour, such as which pages have been visited during your visit, in order to improve your overall experience and the performance of this Site
- remember me cookie: enables this Site to remember your personal preferences such as log in details in order to improve the user experience for example by avoiding you having to re-enter these details on each visit to this Site
- global session cookie: enables us to collect information such as number of visitors to this Site, links clicked on, from what links you used to come to this Site and pages visited in order to analyse user behaviour. This information is collected in an anonymous form and will be collated with similar information received from other users to enable us to compile reports in order to develop and improve user experience by displaying more tailored and relevant content for example. We might use these cookies to highlight articles, services available within this Site or adverts that we believe may be of interest to you.
The single session and global session cookies are provided on our behalf by a trusted third party service provider, Google Inc, to aid with reporting of user behaviour, market research, providing targeted advertisements and improving Site functionality for example. This user behaviour is analysed in order to improve this Site. The information collected is not linked to personal data. To see how this applies to Google Analytics, visit
You can stop tracking by Google Analytics by visiting
The single session cookie is a temporary cookie which remains in the cookie file of your browser until you close the browser. The other cookies will remain in the cookie file of your browser after the closing of the browser, and will become active again when you reopen this Site. The different cookies have different expiration dates. Following expiry of a cookie, a new version of that cookie will be downloaded when you next visit this Site, unless you have withdrawn your consent in the meantime.
You do not have to accept cookies, but without accepting them you may experience reduced Site functionality. If you wish to reject the cookies then please read the information that came with your browser software to see how you can turn off the automatic download feature. For more information about cookies, including how to set your internet browser to reject cookies, please go to www.allaboutcookies.org .
Norgine respects your privacy (“you”, “your”) as a user of our website www.targaxan.co.uk (“Site”).
- What information we collect;
- Use of your personal information;
- Sharing, Storing and Protecting your Personal Data;
- Your rights;
- Websites that we do not own or control;
- Cookies; and
- Contact us.
What information we collect
We collect and process data when you use our Site, such as:
- your name and contact information that you provide;
- any emails or other correspondence you send us;
- information provided by you at the time of registering to use our Site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services;
- information you provide if you report a problem with our Site;
- responses to surveys that we use for research purposes that you choose to participate in (although you do not have to respond to such requests);
- technical information through your visits to our Site (including activity data, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views, URLs clicked and website navigation paths);
- social media tracking that allow platforms such as Facebook and Twitter to interact with this Site and give feedback on your actions; and
- any device information, including the hardware model, operating system and version and mobile network information.
We also collect personal data when you report a possible side effect or adverse event associated with one of our products, which may include your gender, date of birth and information about your health.
The services and information available on our Site are intended for persons 18 years of age and older. Any individual who requests information about a medicine indicated for use in children must be 18 or over. We will not knowingly collect, use or disclose data from a person under the age of 18.
Use of your personal information
In accordance with data privacy law, we can collect and use your personal data in the following situations:
- For legitimate business purposes: We use your personal data to make our communications more relevant and personalised to you, and to make your experience of our services more efficient and effective.
- To perform a contract to which you are a party: We may need to process your personal data to provide a product or service you request.
- To comply with our legal obligations and other demands for information: We comply with laws, regulations and guidance, as well as the other requests or demands for data as set out in this policy, which are essential elements of the manner we conduct our business.
- You have given your consent: We may need to obtain your consent to allow us to use your personal data for the purposes set out below.
We use information held about you for the following reasons:
- to provide you with information, products or services, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes and where we are permitted to do so by law, including press releases, job postings, financial results and marketing information;
- to respond to reports of a possible side effect associated with one of our products and to monitor the safety of our products;
- to comply with applicable laws, regulations, guidance and demands or requests by regulators, governments, courts and legal authorities;
- auditing, analysis and research to help us improve our digital platforms, content and services;
- to ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective and efficient manner for you and device, including monitoring and analysing usage and activities in connection with our digital platforms to improve the design and content of our platforms;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our Site, when you choose to do so; and
- to notify you about changes to our Site and the materials on our Site.
Sharing, Storing and Protecting your Personal Data
We will retain your personal data for the period permitted by law and where we need to do so in connection with a legal action or an investigation. Otherwise, we will keep your personal data for as long as required to provide you with access to services you have requested, or for as long as necessary to allow us to respond to your question or request.
We may share your personal data with:
- members of the Norgine Group of companies;
- our agents, contractors and suppliers, including those who provide us with technology services such as data analytics, hosting and technical support;
- our professional advisors, auditors and business partners; and
- regulators, governments and legal authorities.
Your personal data that we collect may be processed by Norgine, its affiliated companies and its trusted third parties. In some cases, we may transfer personal data to third countries outside the EU. Data privacy laws in the countries to which your personal data is transferred may not be equivalent to, or as protective as, the laws in the EU. In each case, we will implement appropriate measures to ensure that your personal data remains protected and secure when it is transferred outside of the EU, in accordance with applicable data privacy laws. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
We use a variety of security measures and technologies to help protect your personal data from unauthorised access, use, disclosure, alteration or destruction in line with applicable data privacy laws. We have implemented technical and organisational measures to secure your data. We use encryption technologies on our Site. You can recognise that you are browsing on a secured website by the lock-symbol in the address bar of your browser and by the address bar starting with https://.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet or a mobile phone network may not be completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk.
Under data privacy laws, you have a number of rights with respect to your personal data. You may:
- ask us for access to the personal data we hold about you;
- request the correction and/or deletion of your personal data;
- request the completion of incomplete information;
- request the restriction of the processing of your personal data;
- request to receive your personal data in a structured, common and machine-readable format or ask for transmission of the data to another third party;
- withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data;
- complain to your local supervisory authority if you consider the processing of your data infringes data privacy regulations.
We will respect your requests in accordance with our legal obligations. You can exercise these rights at any time by contacting us.
Websites that we do not own or control
Norgine House, Widewater Place, Moorhall Road, Harefield, Uxbridge, UB9 6NS, United Kingdom is the data controller of any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us.
You can contact our Data Protection Officer at:
FIRST PRIVACY GmbH
Tel.: 0421 696632-0
Fax: 0421 696632-11
Norgine B.V. is a company registered in The Netherlands with company number 30127007 Our registered office is at Norgine B.V., Antonio Vivaldistraat 150, 1083 HP Amsterdam, The Netherlands where a list of the directors is open for inspection. This Site: We may withdraw or amend this Site and materials published on it or restrict access to some parts of this Site or those materials, or our entire Site, without notice at our discretion. Amendments to this Site shall take effect upon posting on this Site. We are under no obligation to update such.
Intellectual Property Rights:
All intellectual property rights in this Site and in the materials featuring on this Site, including product names, logos, images and domain names are owned by or licensed to us or our subsidiaries, unless otherwise noted. All rights are reserved. You may reproduce pages from this Site for your private/non-commercial use if you acknowledge the source of those pages and do not publish or modify those copies. You must not otherwise use any page of this Site for any use without our prior express written permission which can be requested from firstname.lastname@example.org. Nothing contained herein shall be construed as conferring any licence or right under any of our intellectual property rights or under any intellectual property rights of a third party.
This Site contains information relating to Norgine’s products (collectively referred to as “Products”) approved (for human use) by regulatory authorities in each territory in which the Products are licensed. Such information is intended for informational purposes only and should not be used for self-diagnosis. The advice of a doctor or other competent professional health advisors should always be sought prior to the purchase and/or use of any of the Products. This Site is not an advertisement; is provided for information purposes only; and is not a binding offer to provide any service of any type. Materials published on this Site are not intended to amount to advice and should not be relied on as such advice.
Privacy and Cookies:
You may link to this Site home page but only if this is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. Do not establish any link which suggests any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. You must not link from any website that is not owned by you. Do not otherwise frame or link to this Site without our prior express written permission which can be requested from email@example.com. Links to other websites from this Site are provided for your information only, and do not imply our endorsement or affiliation with the providers of those websites. We have no control over the contents of those websites, accept no responsibility for them and we disclaim liability for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Viruses, hacking and attacks:
only use this Site for lawful purposes
not misuse this Site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. (“Harmful Materials”)
not attempt to gain unauthorised access to this Site, the server on which this Site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to this Site
not attack this Site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
We use our reasonable endeavours to ensure the Site is free of Harmful Materials, but do not warrant this and do not accept liability for any loss or damage caused by Harmful Materials to your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of this Site or to your downloading of any material posted on this Site or on any website linked to this Site.
If you have any concerns about material which appears on this Site, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for visiting this Site.