Data from 7 UK NHS centres 1
Adapted from Orr et al. 2016
- Relative reduction 26.1%, p=0.001
- Absolute reduction 0.5 admissions/person/year
Data from the IMPRESS study 2,3
AIM: To compare resource use in the 6 and 12 months before and after rifaximin-α initiation in UK patients with HE.
This study was sponsored by Norgine.
- 4% patients (9/145) reported adverse drug reactions (ADRs)
- 4/9 of these patients had C difficile infection and none discontinued treatment
- No serious ADRs were reported